The short answer is “yes, but…”.
- Yes, but your home may not show as well as comparable houses for sale
- Yes, but your home may spend much more time on the market
- Yes, but many buyers will not be able to visualize themselves living in this house
- Yes, but you may have been able to list your home for more money if you had staged it
- Yes, but you may have to go through one or more price reductions as time goes by
I sincerely believe that everyone should stage their home before taking the listing photos and putting it on the market. If you don’t, you will most likely be “leaving money on the table”. Statistics indicate that home staging is a wise investment, often paying for itself 4 or 5 times over.
Don’t just take my word for it — check out this excellent article in Real Estate Magazine, a publication for real estate professionals in Canada.
If you’re thinking of selling your home, I’d be delighted to do a Home Staging Consultation for you. And the good news is — staging is a value-added service that is often paid for by your real estate agent.